Congratulations on your search! Every school transition is an opportunity to strengthen your school’s mission and move to an even greater level of excellence. An organized, well planned and transparent process can positively impact the entire school community. Yeshiva University is here to help you before, during and after the process.
- 6-10 individuals that represent as many constituencies of the school as possible
- Clarify expectations
- Communicate regularly and transparently with school community
- Following an Understanding by Design model: ‘Begin at the end’ – When would you like to announce the candidate to the school community? Work backwards from that date.
- What are you looking for in a resume?
- Create a response email template
- Treat every individual with care and respect
- Generate a list of important questions
- Divide the interviewer role
- Generate questions that will provide explicit information
- Conduct a thorough background search
- Emphasize the innovation and excitement you anticipate
- Provide opportunity to meet and interact with new leader
- Set up a transition process